Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
Benefits of obtaining the CMP designation:
- Authority to use the CMP designation on letterhead, business cards and all forms of address.
- A certificate attesting to your achievement.
- Subscriptions to two Convention Industry Council (CIC) newsletters: The CMP Update and THE CMP NEWSLETTER Recognition.
- Your name released to the press and, if you wish, notification of your employer about your achievement of the meeting profession’s highest designation.
- Professional Development: increased knowledge of all aspects of meeting management gained during preparation for the CMP examination.
Who should work toward the CMP designation? You should apply for a CMP designation if you have at least three years of meeting management experience, current employment in meeting management and responsibility and accountability for the successful delivery of meetings.
Why should you work toward the CMP designation? CMPs gain recognition by their peers in the industry and others with whom they work. CMPs are highly visible. They are raising industry standards and increasing the respect and prestige of the meeting profession. Studies show CMPs earn up to $10,000 more annually than non-CMPs.
For more information, please visit the CMP page of the MPI website.
CMP Boot Camp
CMP Boot Camp is a two-day, weekend course designed to equip participants with tools and skills to study for and pass the CMP test through an intense review of the CMP materials. CMP Boot Camps are held quarterly, approximately nine weeks prior to each exam period.
If you are interested in joining a CMP Boot Camp, call Denise Woods, CMP, at 651-796-2186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the MPI Minnesota Chapter calendar of events to learn about upcoming Boot Camps.
Global Certification in Meeting Management (CMM)
The Global Certification in Meeting Management (CMM) offers senior level meeting professionals the opportunity for:
- Education in strategic thinking and acting,
- A global certification and industry recognition,
- Potential career advancement,
- A networking community of other senior-level people.
You may already be a part of strategic management within your organization, or have the potential to be recognized as contributing substantially to an organization’s bottom line. If so, the CMM designation offers you the potential to make substantial additional progress in this endeavor. It also offers you the prestige that accompanies having the most premiere, worldwide designation in the meetings industry!
By focusing on management issues critical to advancing in the meeting industry, the course can benefit all senior meeting and event professionals-whether you seek the prestige and career rewards that come with the CMM designation, or the training in senior management processes and inspiration that improve your strategic planning skills.
For more information, please visit the CMM page of the MPI website.