Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is the largest and most vibrant global meeting and event industry association. The organization provides innovative and relevant education, networking opportunities and business exchanges, and acts as a prominent voice for the promotion and growth of the industry. MPI membership is comprised of approximately 18,500 members belonging to 70 chapters and clubs worldwide. For additional information or to join, visit www.mpiweb.org.
About the MPI Foundation
The Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Foundation fuels the growth and advancement of MPI members by providing professional development and career opportunities through grants and scholarships. The not-for-profit organization also propels the meeting and event industry forward by funding important and quality research initiatives. For more information, visit www.mpiweb.org/foundation.
MPI International Staff
Stuart Taylor is the MPI Minnesota Chapter’s Chapter Business Manager.
Foundation Chapter Liaison
As an active member of the MPI Foundation Chapter Network, the liaison’s responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to, the following:
- Act as the local and volunteer representative of the MPI Foundation to the chapter.
- Promote the significance of member, chapter and company contributions.
- Become the two-way communication link between the MPI Foundation staff and the chapter by talking with chapter members about the value of the excellent programs that the Foundation makes available to chapters and individual members.
- Learn about and understand the programs and deliverables of the MPI Foundation so that they may become a trusted resource for the chapter and their individual members.
- Assist with the identification and development of new project ideas that will benefit the chapters and the membership. (For example: the development of a MPI Foundation Chapter Grant Program).
- Distribute MPI Foundation information via many channels: email, newsletter articles, presentations at chapter meetings, regional tradeshows.
- Network with other MPI Foundation chapter liaisons via MPIMIX, WEC/PEC meetings, conference calls or other methods.
- Promote the importance of chapter members becoming participants in an annual giving program.